Wobbly video

Ask a question. Post an answer. Learn something!

Wobbly video

Postby Tactical71 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:12 am

Hi,

Im just new to operating drones (recreationally). I have an Ethos FPV which is, or rather was, working well until yesterday when I has a minor mishap. Was about to fly into a tree so I powered off about 7ft off the ground and it came down dislodging 2 of the white rubber, anti-vibration mounts.

Ive replaced them back in and Im back in the air, however my video is now recording with a wobble or wave down the screen. Its doesn't do it as much when there is positive input such as throttling up or sideways, but when hovering and not moving, its quite apparent on playback, with the wave or wobble.

Ive recorded footage without flying, just by walking around holding the aircraft and its free of wobble/wave.

Im assuming that its a mount problem but Ive checked everything and it looks in order.

Any clues??

Cheers

Re: Wobbly video

Postby MechFx » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:15 am

Maybe prop strike ??? out of balance issue ? worth a look

Postby Tactical71 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:57 pm

Thanks mate.

I think I located the issue. A slight crack in the camera bracket that I think was flexing when power was engaged. Not a problem any more, as I flew my drone away and have lost it! I wired up the crack in the bracket and was testing it and the wind took it up , up, up, and I powered off when I was losing sight of it, but now its lost somewhere on my property in a few acres of pine forest. or possible the scrub area beyond the pines. Never to be found again!

Oh well.

:cry:

Postby helothere » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:37 am

I stick a tile on all my aircraft. Cheaper than a new rig! Who's ever heard of a fly away anyway? :wink: (That'd be me a few weeks ago, walking around in a cane paddock with FPV goggles on looking for my Mates very expensive racer that somehow got away from me...).

https://www.thetileapp.com

IMG_8154.jpg

I found it...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Postby Tactical71 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:28 am

Thanks mate, but unfortunately I live in an area with no mobile, data, or wifi reception of any sort so most trackers won't work here. I did look at a Marco Polo RF tracking system but they are a bit pricey. I need to get a new drone first!

Cheers

Gus.

Return to “Drone Q&A”