Drone Commander Australia Domination Tour

A place to have your say and ask your questions on anything in the Drone learning environment.

Drone Commander Australia Domination Tour

Postby SuperSix1 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:44 am

The inaugural Drone Commander Australia DomiNation Tour is now complete, with many qualified pilots having completed UAV Manufacturer Training. CASA are working hard to clear the backlog of UAV Controller applications from those whom did the training.

At present, we are working to be able to continue that training for the same discounted price... watch this space... if you are a holder of an FCL or Controller Certificate and you would like UAV Manufacturer Training, contact me at dc@dronecommander.com.au

Re: Drone Commander Australia Domination Tour

Postby SuperSix1 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:25 am

And the drone training continues... Drone Commander Australia is proud to announce that UAV Manufacturer Training can be provided at the same low DomiNation Tour price of $350 for the basic Multirotor < 7Kg (other types also available). For qualified pilots and ATCs, this training allows you to obtain your UAV Controller Certificate from CASA. Our training is second to none, we train pilots - even if you are not in the aircraft you are flying, which is why our instructors are manned helicopter instructors and UAV operations professionals.

Current avialable dates: Sydney 20/21 Aug. Melbourne 27/28 Aug. MacKay 31 Aug. Southeast Qld (BN, SC, GC, TWB) any time 1-14 Sep. Darwin 16/17 Sep. Perth 18 Sep. Sydney 25/26 Sep. Contact us at dronecommander.com.au email dc@dronecommander.com.au or via Facebook (search Drone Commander Australia).

Postby SuperSix1 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:25 am

101.295 Eligibility for certification as UAV controller
(2) CASA must certify an applicant as a
UAV controller if he or she:
(a) qualifies for the issue of a radio operator’s certificate of
proficiency; and
(b) has been awarded a pass in an aviation licence theory
examination (other than a flight radio operator’s
examination); and
(c) has been awarded a pass in an instrument rating theory
examination; and
(d) has completed a training course in the operation of the type
of UAV that he or she proposes to operate, conducted by the
UAV’s manufacturer; and
(e) has at least 5 hours experience in operating UAVs outside
controlled airspace.
(3) A person who holds or has held:
(a) a flight crew licence with a command instrument rating; or
(b) a military qualification equivalent to a licence and rating
mentioned in paragraph (a); or
(c) an air traffic control licence, or a military qualification
equivalent to an air traffic control licence;
is taken to satisfy the conditions in paragraphs (2)(a), (b) and (c).

Note: they don't seem to enforce anything to do with instrument ratings anymore... they just limit you to Visual line of sight in VMC by day if you have no IREX etc.

Postby Mongrel Dog » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:02 pm

Gday, Supersix,

I've sent you an email regarding your next course in Melbourne. Let me know if it doesn't show up in your inbox.

Cheers,
M.D

Postby CYHeli » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:33 am

The Melbourne Course is being held at my office at Lilydale airport, Macintyre Rd.
Look for the signs to JamCo Helicopters.

Postby Mongrel Dog » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:31 am

I'll look forward to meeting you then. Will be good to put a face to a username!

Postby SuperSix1 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:48 am

I am doing UAV Manufacturer Type Training in SEQ and NSW during mid Oct. So if you have friends who have been threatening to get their UAV Controller Certificates, send them to dronecommander.com.au to book in. We have been having much success lately in getting folks with no previous aviation experience through their PPL theory exams, which means just Manufacturer Training and they are away. Much cheaper than a full RPAS course although this remains an option for those who don't fancy sitting CASA exams... read all about it in NEWS on my website... DC

Return to “Flight Training”